Thursday, March 10, 2011

New project!


so...i've started a new project! i'm going to make a dress. and a bag, but a dress 1st, i think. my dear mother-in-law is helping me out and, if we get stuck, we have grandma living less than 5mins away. both of my grandma-in-law-s sew. its so cool! lol. i thought i should do something productive with my life at home once in a while, so i figured i'd make myself an easter/summer dress. the fabric that i picked out is kinda girly, so i'm a little worried about that. it is going to be the dress in the top left, with hopefully the straps from the bottom dress. then i can wear short sleeved ummm...i think What Not to Wear calls them cardigins, or long sleeved ones. yay!
i'm excited to try this and see if i'm any good at sewing. i've always wanted to buy a sewing machine and just go at it, but i've never really made much with a pattern. i'm SUPER excited to make something that will hopefully fit my chest AND my waist that is long enough, you know? i know my chest doesn't always look that large, but it is and causes a bunch of stress in my life (the current stress (as it is every year) is swimsuits). maybe one day i'll sew well enough to make my OWN swimsuit! that would be the day... :)
i'll let you know when i get started on my bag.
<3

1 comment:

  1. Every time you said "bag" in this post I read it like you say it "baaag." I love you lots and hope married life and sewing are going well.

    Thanks for your birthday text last month. It was a busy, busy week and I was really bad about texting people back. But it made my day special.

    <3

    ReplyDelete