Monday, October 22, 2012

Temptations

yesterday, Sunday, I drove back up to Dallas to go through a busy week of doctor appointments for baby and I, as well as a WIC appointment to make sure I'm taking good care of myself and update my points. AND packing, cleaning, and moving day (which is this Saturday!). the drive from Houston to Dallas is an easy one. a straight shot on one highway, with small and large trees bordering along the road, most of the way, as if celebrating your adventure. as I drove the thought came into my mind... oh, how beautiful this drive could be at this time of year. if only the trees knew to change to amazing, vibrant colours rather than just wilting and dying with no spark and final farewell before their season of rest.  stinkin' Texas. lol.
that is when the idea popped into my head. the idea was brilliant and my body filled with excitement and an energy that I could do ANYTHING! I called up Jacob and told him to pack a bag and then I would pick him up on the way. he was confused until I elaborated. my bag was already packed from my 2 weeks in Houston nannying and applying for jobs and such. I was already on the road and it was a beautiful day. I was going to pick Jacob up and go right on to Minnesota! pretty much a straight shot. we could pass by Winter Quarters and see his relatives and then continue on to the fantastic state of Minnesota. it is gorgeous with the rolling hills, bails of hay and straw, fields of corn, trees that seem to burst on fire in a million breath taking colours, the cool/crisp air, and the people that treat you like family because most of them appear to be related anyways. Jacob likes it there too and he has only seen it in the winter, which is when he will see it this year too. I wanted him to see more than just winter, but at least it is still fantastic with the clean, white snow and ice that glistens on the trees.
but there was a reason I married my fantastic husband. someone has got to nail this girl's fins to the ground and keep her head out of the clouds once in a while. Jacob and I are spontaneous sometimes, but he usually makes sure that it is a some what reasonable spontaneous. lol.  I love my handsome man.
one day, though, I might just trick him into running away with me to my Minnesota so that it can become OUR Minnesota... one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment