Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Horizontal

the last couple weeks of pregnancy weren't that bad. well, except for those couple of days that it hit the lower 80's and the a/c wasn't working in the house. lets be honest... I complained. I was SO uncomfortable and decided that, unless it was a whoops kid, I'd never be prego in the summer time. haha.
sleeping didn't come too easily either. I'd get up to pee about 3-4 times a night. I learned that lining the path with nightlights is brilliant, because then you don't have to turn on lights to blind yourself and mess up your night vision! the pillow between my knees only did so much during those last couple of weeks. I'd stick a blanket under my tummy for support while on my side, but Zachary liked a lot of room in my tummy and didn't want to be pushed around.
one day I made a discovery! I was SOOO tired (needing about 2 naps a day to not get grumpy) and just threw myself on the bed. I was horizontal and only kind of had the blankets pulled over me. to my surprise, when I woke up, I was completely rested! I tested my theory that night, much to Jacob's dismay. we slept horizontally on the bed that night. well, most of the night. Jacob prefers to stretch out, whereas I tuck my knees in. around 6am I knew Jacob probably wasn't sleeping the best, so I had us sleep normally again. I slept SO very well during the horizontal time!!! not so much after that...haha. for about a week before our sweet baby was due, we slept horizontally. THAT is how much my hubby loves me and how amazing he is. he insisted on sleeping that way because he knew that was how I'd be able to get the rest I needed to be more comfortable.
I am so very thankful for my loving husband who does his very best to take care of me and our baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment