Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I was wishing...

i got off of work and knew you wouldn't be home; you'd be at work by then. i went to the store to pick up cough drops and that cherry flavored numbing spray for my throat that i haven't used since i was a kid. i drove home with the music loud but my voice silent. do you know why? it wasn't just because of my throat...i was wishing.
i was wishing and hoping that you'd be home when i got home.
i fought the frigged breeze as i pumped gas into the car. i was in no hurry to get home anyways. i missed you too much.
i was hoping and wishing that the longer i dragged my feet, the better of a chance you'd be there would be.
i drove home and there wasn't as much traffic as usual. i was making pretty good time. and during that time, during every minute and second that ticked by, you know what i was doing...
it was 7pm. i clicked the button to the garage door opener and slowly pulled the car into the garage.
i held my breath as i entered the house.
i was hoping.
i was wishing.
i was praying that you'd be in the closet ready to pop out and surprise me.
but you know what? i didn't even go upstairs to our room...i went right into the kitchen and heated up leftovers. i knew it was wednesday night. you're not home on wednesday nights.
i dragged my feet up the stairs after supper. the lights were off and i could already feel that i was the only one in our room.
i got your note in our journal, though. thank you.


i miss you.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment