Saturday, July 16, 2011

Yesterday was the day...

so I got 7 vials of blood taken while I was in TX last weekend. my health hasn't been the best for the past month or two. my blood tests came back and were email to me yesterday. this is what I found out:
#1. I have strep. not in my throat. I guess you can just have strep in your body as well. I'm gonna go need to get my "z-pack".
#2. my vitamin D is too low. the number came back as a 30.9 when it should have been 32-100. I have been told that when your D is low, it makes it more difficult to absorb calcium.
#3. I have food allergies. yes, multiple. they consist of (from highest to lowest) lamb, wheat, baker's yeast, whole egg, cow milk, onions, and peanuts. yes, I cried, but now I'm trying to be brilliant. it isn't working so well...haha. thankfully the allergies aren't something that will make me swell up or stop breathing, but it is hurting my body and things need to be limited down quite a bit. I know for a fact that I cannot go cold turkey, so we shall be taking baby steps. a new step each week. I am addicted to a good ol' bowl of cereal with that basic 1% milk, so this is something we need to fix right off the bat. we bought a thing of soy-milk last night. I tried it. I wanted to die. lol. this could be a long process. this could be a painful transition. I can do it though, right? heck yes I can!
I figured with this new diet and the reduction, I'm gonna have a new body! I was even thinking that eventually I can start running a block or two with Jacob! that's a big thing for me, though, so we'll have to see. lol.


<3

1 comment:

  1. Get lactose free milk. It tastes almost the same, you'll enjoy it a lot more.

    Also, you should know that betty crocker has a whole line of gluten-free goodies that you can make. They are so yummy. You can't really taste a difference at ALL: yellow cake, chocolate cake, brownies, and chocolate chip cookies. All the staples.

    Also, try this for a good kris-safe dinner.

    Apricot chicken over rice. It's hmmm, hmmm good. So, you cook your rice and throw in a couple table spoons of apricot jam while it cooks (to.die.for.). Then you want to cut your chicken into cubs and fry them in your frying pan (throw in a little water so that it doesn't dry out). Spice the chicken with pepper, salt, garlic, and a little ginger. Then put in a couple big spoon fulls of apricot jam and some of your newly acquired lactose-free milk (I just eyeball it depending on how many servings I want). This makes a really yummy gravy. You can thicken it with corn starch (you'll want to mix the corn starch up in some cold water and then add it to your simmering gravy). It will help it thicken. It'll thicken as it cooks for a while and then even more so as it cools.

    It's so yummy. You can mix things up by adding different veggies that you like (I love zucchini, celery, and sweet potatoes with mine!).

    LOVE YOU. Facebook me questions and I'll send you more ideas this weekend.

    ReplyDelete