Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What I'm looking into...

I think there are 2 things I'm looking into these days...
http://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-Lose-Weight-Health/dp/1609611543/ref=pd_ybh_4?pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=ybh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02Y32H20MEPQWJP9J104
I kinda follow Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom on facebook. this was a status posted about a month ago: "I finally started reading Wheat Belly last night and what Dr. Davis shares about the wheat of today versus the wheat from the early part of the 20th century is fascinating. I already knew that wheat has changed dramatically over the past 100 years, but I've never come across another resource that explains what has happened to it so thoroughly. Is there any wonder why celiac disease has increased ...in incidence 4-fold since the 1950's, food allergies and autism are skyrocketing, and nearly everyone (that I know anyway) who gives up gluten (esp. wheat) for at least a month notices marked improvement in how they feel?? Common wheat is not real wheat, it's a frankengrain through and through."
I personally read a little part of the preview of the book that suggested to look at your grandparents' pictures. how many obese people do you see? it wasn't really popular for women to workout back then and they are still pretty thin! I'm really excited to read this book. I realize that it might be a little scary (just by what is brought to my realization), but it might make avoiding wheat a little easier for me. I LOVE wheat, but I am allergic.

http://www.amazon.com/Deliciously-G-Free-Flavorful-Believe-Gluten-Free/dp/0345529383
this lady was on Rachel Ray for a little bit this morning. I'm not allergic to gluten, but sometimes gluten-free recipes seems the easier way to go. you know what I mean? but just because something is gluten-free, that doesn't mean it is always wheat free, so I am always looking at the ingredients part on food products.
the part that I have issues with about buying gluten-free recipe books is that many recipes are egg bakes and lamb. I'm allergic to eggs and lamb and milk and yeast... and it is quite expensive to cook gluten free. you gotta buy brown rice flour, millet flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, that gum stuff... oh my garage door. I think that it would be fun to try and such, though!

I'm trying to decide which one I should get 1st :)


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment